Membership in HCPD
Membership in the Hacker's Creek Pioneer Descendants, Inc., is open to anyone interested in preserving the history and genealogy of the Central West Virginia region. The membership year begins October 1 and is effective through September 30 of the following year; renewal dues are due October 1st.
- Receive the Hacker's Creek Journal – published at least twice a membership year and more frequently if submissions are received from our members.
- Access to our online index online index to Volumes I-XXVII (1982-2010) of the Journal will give you an idea of the articles in the Journal. You may also download all back issues of the Journal.
- Access to the Members Only portal where you'll find a wealth of online files held exclusive for HCPD members.
- Join us at our annual Hacker's Creek Gathering. Held the second week of August, this gathering includes tours of the area where our ancestors lived, worked and died; classes in topics of interest to our members; a memorial service for deceased members and/or their family members; a Sunday worship service in a local church; as well as many, many hours to research in the holdings of our library.
- If you join after 1 July, your membership will be credited for the new year. It's like getting 4 months free!
Membership Dues & How to Pay
Cost of a membership to HCPD is $40.00 per year. You can use our easy online join feature and choose the method of payment that works for you:
- pay using a credit card through PayPal (you don't need a PayPal account to do this)
- pay using your own PayPal account (if you have one)
- pay with a check by printing out the invoice after you complete the online join form and mail it to us along with your check
- If you prefer, you may call us with your credit card information at 1-304-269-7091or print this membership form and snail-mail it, along with your check or credit card number, to this address: HCPD, 45 Abbotts Run Road, Horner, WV 26372.
If you're ready to become a member of HCPD, CLICK HERE.